Facts & Statistics
Other Career Services
- Job/Career Fairs
Best Student Jobs On Campus
- Under your major's department or your adviser
- Student Affairs office
Worst Student Jobs On Campus
- Dining Hall, any job
Best Places to Work Off Campus
- Any grocery or department store
- Any restaurant
Advice on Finding a Job/Internship
Career Services is very helpful to students, providing resume and cover letter help, online resources, life skills seminars, and other related events. Campus employment and federal work-study are handled by the financial aid department, and they are very willing to help students in these areas.
Getting internships is mostly a process done by just the individual student, but if a student needs any help, Career Services and department advisors are willing and able to help him or her out. The same goes for off-campus employment, although Career Services does send out an e-newsletter of local job openings. The best places to search for off-campus jobs are restaurants, department stores, and grocery stores.
For on-campus employment, the best idea is to get placed under your advisor or your department, so that you not only learn things related to your major, but you also get paid to do it. The worst campus job would definitely be working in the dining hall. No student lasts longer than two weeks.
Firms That Most Frequently Hire Grads
- AFCEA International
- Cabarrus County Sheriff's Department
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital
- Eli Lilly
- Farm Bureau Insurance
- MACTEC Engineering and Consulting, Inc.
- Milwaukee Repertory Theater
- Murphy-Wainer Orthopedics
- Music Educators of North Carolina
- North Carolina Research Campus
- Randleman High School
- Rowan Regional Medical Center
- Salisbury High School
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- U.S. Military
- USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Woodforest National Bank