Fun Local Trivia
- If you did not already know, most of the city's historical attractions like monuments, museums, and landmarks are free!
- During Halloween, you can collect candy from various countries if you trick-or-treat down Embassy Row, where foreign nations have their embassy headquarters. Go early, though—most stop answering their doors at 5 p.m.
- Music lovers, welcome to D.C.! Washington has a myriad of music venues for aficionados of almost every kind of genre. For top-tier rock, punk, hip-hop, and country shows, the 9:30 Club will impress, while lovers of indie rock and low-key bands will flock to the Black Cat. And for those who love mainstream, the Verizon Center is the place to be. And still, there is so much more music.
- For a different movie experience, students can go to free screenings of different movies at the National Gallery of Art. They may not be blockbusters, but they are artsy and classic—and free.
- Politics aficionados will be happy to know that at any given time and place, prominent politicians are walking all around the city. Just hang around Capitol Hill.
- Sandra Bullock – actress
- Dave Chappelle – comedian
- Katie Couric – talk show host, news anchor
- Dave Grohl – member of Foo Fighters and Nirvana
- Samuel L. Jackson – actor
- Spike Jonze – director, producer, screenwriter, actor
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus – actress ("Elaine" on "Seinfeld")
- Maury Povich – talk show host
- Nora Roberts – bestselling author
Points of Interest
- DC monuments
- John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
- Smithsonian Institution
- U Street
- The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City
- Union Station
Movie TheatersLandmark E Street Cinema
555 11th St. NW
Metro: Red line, "Metro Center"
Movie TheatersRegal Gallery Place Stadium 14
707 Seventh St. NW
Metro: Red line, "Gallery Place-Chinatown"
Major Sports Teams
- Washington Capitals: NHL
- Washington Nationals: MLB
- Washington Redskins: NFL
- Washington Wizards: NBA
Distances to Nearest Major Cities
- Baltimore: : 1 hour
- Philadelphia: : 2 hours, 30 minutes