Average Meal Plan Cost
$3200 per year
Freshman Meal Plan Required?
First-time freshman residents must select either a 21-, 15-, or 10-meal-per-week plan.
Student Favorites: Campus Dining Hall
Liberty Street Fresh Food Company
Student Favorites: Campus Restaurant/Vendor
Student Favorites: Breakfast Food on Campus
Student Favorites: Lunch/Dinner Entrée on Campus
- Chicken fingers from Chick-fil-A
- Fried chicken and sweet potato fries
- Pork sandwich
- Shrimp and grits from Liberty
Student Favorites: Late-night Snack on Campus
Anything from Market 159
Off-Campus Places to Use Flex Money
- Bull Street Gourmet
- Caviar and Bananas
- Five Loaves Café
- Mellow Mushroom
- Moe's Southwest Grill
- Tacone Flavor Grill
For those of you who would like to live frugally and are willing to cook all of your meals, there are several grocery stores nearby. Also, if you are low on cash, meals, or Dining Dollars, check to see if there are any events on campus with free food.
Did You Know?
- Meal plans at Charleston include Dining Dollars, money stored in a student's account that can be used like a credit card at dining halls.
- The off-campus meal plan offers another option called the Champ Card, which allows students to dine at various Charleston restaurants on a pre-paid meal plan.