Student Parking Lot?
Designated surface lots and garages
Freshmen Allowed to Park?
Freshmen are not allowed to park unless they live off campus. Students who live in residence halls or other campus housing must have a minimum of 30 earned credit hours on file with the registrar in order to qualify for a permit.
Approximate Parking Permit Cost
$500 to $1,200 per year (permits are sold on a per-semester basis)
Common Parking Tickets
- Parking overtime in a loading/unloading zone: $20
- Using an altered, counterfeit, lost, or stolen permit: $50
- Blocked handicapped access/unauthorized parking in an accessible space: $100
- No permit displayed: $20
- Not in designated lot: $5 for first offense; $20 for subsequent offenses
- Parking a motorcycle or moped in a space not designated for motorcycle parking: $20
- Improper parking (i.e., tires over the line between two spaces, creating a space where none has been marked off): $20
Best Places to Find a Spot
- Church parking lots
- Faculty parking lots after 4 p.m. and on the weekends
- Residential areas away from campus (on the weekends)
- St. Philip Street (keep your blinkers on!)
Good Luck Getting a Spot Here
- Calhoun Street
- King Street
Getting a Parking Permit
Vehicles parked in a CofC parking lot must have a valid permit. These permits are issued for all service parking lots and several garages located near campus.