Main Building Library
Popular Places to Chill
- The Dorm porch
- The Druid
- The lake
- North porch
- The reading room
Coffeehouse on Campus
Movie Theater on Campus
The whole school is like one big green initiative, with a focus on farming and living simpler.
BH: The Boardinghouse
- Sludge Fest: Sludge Fest occurs every other year when students muck out the Upper Reservoir.
- Student Body Meetings: Student body meetings occur every Friday evening, and they are one of the few times when the entire student body is in one place.
- Turkey Bowl: The Turkey Bowl is the annual Thanksgiving football game. Teams are usually determined based on whether students are from east or west of the Mississippi River.
- One of the past ranch managers had to push a Holstein bull with a truck to get the bull to move.
- The portrait of P.N. Nunn, the school's founder's brother, was placed so that it would be hidden by an open door because P.N. was abhorred by the student bodies that he oversaw.
- The school conducted a "coeducation experiment" in the early 1990s.
Favorite Things To Do
Students regularly hike to the Druid, a prominent rock formation overlooking neighboring Eureka Valley. Some students also enjoy swims in the Upper Reservoir or a steam in the sauna, and others just take a day to hike, trying to soak in as much of the valley as possible. Running is always popular, and several students made the 14-mile run from campus to Deep Springs Lake and back.
Clubs and Organizations on Campus
Since the campus is so small, there aren't any official student organizations on campus.
Student Activities Offered
- Campus ministries
- Choral groups
- Jazz band
- Literary magazine
- Music ensembles
- Musical theater
- Student government
- Student newspaper