Full-Time Student Population
Part-Time Student Population
Full-Time Instructional Faculty
Part-Time Instructional Faculty
Faculty with Terminal Degree
Average Faculty Salary
Full-Time Retention Rate
- Fewer than 20 students: 70%
- 20 to 49 students: 31%
- 50 or more students: 0%
Continuing Professional: No
Adult Basic Remedial: No
Secondary (High School): No
Special Credit Opportunities
Advanced Placement (AP) Credits: Yes
Dual Credit: Yes
Life Experience Credits: No
- College of Liberal Arts
- School of Music
Most Popular Majors
- Biology and Biological Sciences: 4%
- Economics and Econometrics: 5%
- Professional, Technical, and Creative Writing: 4%
- Speech Communication and Rhetoric: 6%
Special Study Options
- Study abroad
- Teacher certification (below the postsecondary level)
Best Places to Study
- Julian Math and Science Center
- Pulliam Center of Contemporary Media
- Roy O. West Library
Tips to Succeed
- At least go through Rush.
- Attend mentor group activities.
- Be prepared for small-town life.
- Check out teachers before enrolling in classes.
- Do not go home on the weekends.
- Do work out, the weekends catch up with you fast.
- Don't sneak on Greek property before you are allowed.
- Don't think you can get away with skipping class.
- Get involved early.
- Strong organizational skills-Post-Its are key.
- Time management.
- Try and find an advisor you like early.
- Try lots of different classes-beauty of liberal arts.
- Try to complete group requirements early.
Did You Know?
- Standard & Poor's ranks DePauw University #8 among 800 liberal arts colleges as a source of top business executives.
- DePauw requires students to fulfill group requirements to have the opportunity for study in multiple fields-a well-rounded liberal arts education.