Full-Time Student Population
Part-Time Student Population
Full-Time Instructional Faculty
Part-Time Instructional Faculty
Faculty with Terminal Degree
Average Faculty Salary
Full-Time Retention Rate
Part-Time Retention Rate
- Fewer than 20 Students: 43%
- 20 to 49 Students: 46%
- 50 or More Students: 11%
Continuing Professional: No
Adult Basic Remedial: No
Secondary (High School): No
Special Credit Opportunities
Advanced Placement (AP) Credits: Yes
Dual Credit: Yes
Life Experience Credits: No
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Fine Arts & Communication
- College of Health & Human Performance
- College of Human Ecology
- College of Technology & Computer Science
- School of Allied Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- Bachelor's degree
- Doctorate - Professional practice
- Doctorate - Research/scholarship
- Master's degree
- Post-bachelor's certificate
- Post-master's certificate
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management: 3%
- Elementary Education: 2%
- Registered Nursing (RN): 2%
- Speech Communication and Rhetoric: 2%
Special Study Options
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Teacher certification (below the postsecondary level)
Best Places to Study
- The courtyard
- Dorm rooms when roommates are gone or studying
- Group Study rooms
- Group study rooms and individual carrels in the library
- The Mall (the sparsely wooded area on Central Campus)
Tips to Succeed
- Check campus e-mail.
- Get a calendar, and use it to write down homework, meetings, long-term assignments, and fun things to do.
- Go out and have fun every now and then.
- Go to class.
- Learn to budget your money and time.
- Study! Read! And if not those, then at least go to class! Â
- Try to keep a good balance between school, work, family, and social obligations.
Did You Know?
- Ninety-five percent of non-lab courses at ECU are taught by faculty instead of teaching assistants.
- Reading Day is a one-day break between the end of classes and the beginning of exams, and students often use the day for studying, moving, celebrating, and relaxing.
- ECU has a good percentage of experienced faculty who are knowledgeable in their field and have good stories from their decades of service at ECU. Ask them for advice! Sometimes, the best parties are hosted by faculty who have been at ECU for more than a decade and students who have grown up in the area.
- The Center for Counseling and Student Development is not just an on-campus psychological counseling service. They also offer workshops on study skills and stress management, which can be of significant help to students who are struggling with the transition to college life.