Crimes on Campus
- Aggravated Assault: 4
- Arson: 3
- Burglary: 34
- Murder/Manslaughter: 0
- Robbery: 1
- Sex Offenses: 3
- Vehicle Theft: 2
Security OfficeECU Police Department
609 E. Tenth St.
911 (emergencies) (252) 328-6787 (non-emergencies, East Campus) (252) 744-3863 (non-emergencies, West Campus, School of Medicine)
- Bike patrols
- Bike registration
- Blue-light emergency phones
- Emergency motorist assitance
- Safe Ride escort service
- Self-defense courses
Health CenterECU Student Health Service
1001 E. Fifth St.
Monday-Tuesday 8 a.m.-7 p.m., Wednesday 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Thursday 8 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday-Sunday 9 a.m.-12 p.m. (urgent care only on weekends)
- Allergy clinic
- Massage therapy
- Men's health (testicular cancer and steroid-use education, STI treatment)
- Sexual Assault Examiner Program
- Wellness education
- Women's health (contraception, morning-after pill, STI treatment, pap smear, and GYN exams)
Did You Know?
- Birth control pills are sometimes more expensive at the Student Health Service than at other pharmacies in town, but condoms are available at discounted rates and are also available in residence hall vending machines (sometimes right next to the breath mints).
- The ECU Police Department holds fundraising raffles several times a year. Recent prizes have included a motorcycle and a jet ski.
- Some ECU buses are equipped with security cameras. Smile for the monitor!
- The campus phone system requires that "9" be dialed first to indicate an off-campus phone number. However, campus 911 calls are referred to the ECU Police first and should not include the extra "9" before the number.