Full-Time Student Population
Part-Time Student Population
Full-Time Instructional Faculty
Part-Time Instructional Faculty
Faculty with Terminal Degree
Average Faculty Salary
Full-Time Retention Rate
Part-Time Retention Rate
- Fewer than 20 students: 24%
- 20 to 49 students: 69%
- 50 or more students: 7%
Continuing Professional: No
Adult Basic Remedial: No
Secondary (High School): No
Special Credit Opportunities
Advanced Placement (AP) Credits: Yes
Dual Credit: Yes
Life Experience Credits: No
- Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
- College of Community and Public Services
- College of Education
- College of Health Professions
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- F.E. Seidman College of Business
- Frederik Meijer Honors College
- Kirkhof College of Nursing
- Seymour and Esther Padnos College of Engineering and Computing
- Bachelor's degree
- Doctorate - Professional practice
- Master's degree
- Post-bachelor's certificate
- Post-master's certificate
Most Popular Majors
- Foundations of Education: 2%
- Psychology: 3%
- Registered Nursing (RN): 2%
- Social Work: 2%
- Arts/fine arts
- English (including composition)
- Sciences (biological or physical)
- Social science
Special Study Options
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Teacher certification (below the postsecondary level)
- Weekend/evening college
Other Academic Offerings
- Distance learning
- Double major
- Dual enrollment
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Honors program
- Independent study
- Student-designed major
Grand Valley offers a variety of online courses. There are also hybrid courses, which combine online work with some in-classroom time.
Best Places to Study
- Fourth floor of the Zumberge Library
- Honors College study areas
- Seidman House
Tips to Succeed
- Bring an abundance of layers for winter.
- Contact your roommate before moving in so you don't end up with two of everything.
- Join student organizations.
- Pay close attention to financial aid and tuition deadlines.
- Ration your Debit Dollars throughout the semester.
- Register for classes with good professors (ratemyprofessors.com).
- Take electives.
- Triple-check credits you plan to transfer.
Did You Know?
The website ratemyprofessors.com is an excellent resource for finding professors who are fun, not terribly difficult, kind, and know their material.