Service & Maintenance Staff
- Kirkhof Center
- Kleiner Commons
- Seidman House
- Steelcase Library (Grand Rapids Pew campus)
- Zumberge Library
Popular Places to Chill
- Eastown Hookah Lounge
- Kirkhof Center
- Kleiner Lower Commons
- Main Street Pub
- Peppino's Pizza
- RiverTown Crossing Mall
Coffeehouse on Campus
- Einstein Bros. Bagels
- Java City
Movie Theater on Campus
Kirkhof Center theater
The University has a lot of sustainability initiatives. Dining Services uses a lot of local food and produce, has eliminated the use of trays at Fresh Food Company, and added a flex-fuel vehicle for food deliveries. Campus also participates in Recyclemania, a recycling competition. In October, the University celebrates Sustainability Week.
- The 37/The 48: The Rapid bus that serves students living in the off-campus apartment complexes surrounding the Allendale campus
- The 50: The Rapid (Grand Rapids public bus service) that serves Grand Valley students commuting between the Pew and Allendale campuses
- C-Store: "C3" lobby shops, or convenience stores, throughout campus
- Fresh: Fresh Food Company, a dining hall on campus
- Kirkhof: The Kirkhof Center, the hub of all things Grand Valley, located in the heart of the Allendale Campus
- Laker: Anyone who attends GV
- Little Mac/Lil' Mac: The bridge that traverses a large ravine running through the middle of the Allendale campus
- Mack/Mak: Mackinaw Hall
- Michigan/Ontario/Huron/Superior: Shortened names of classroom buildings named after the Michigan Great Lakes
- SOC: Student Organization Center located downstairs in Kirkhof Center
- UBS: University Bookstore, located in Kirkhof Center
- Battle of the Valleys: Competition with Saginaw Valley State University to see which school can raise the most money for a local charity
- Blackout Football Game: Usually the first football game of the season where all the students are told to wear black clothing
- Homecoming: Homecoming at GVSU is a week-long event with games and competitions for the student body. The week culminates in a football game.
- Presidents' Ball: A dinner and dance, roughly related to prom
- Allegedly, the traditional residence halls were once a prison.
- The ghost of someone who committed suicide is said to haunt the ravine under the "Little Mac" bridge.
- Tunnels supposedly connect all the buildings on campus.
Favorite Things To Do
Students like to catch a movie or hang out in the game room or Area 51 in the Kirkhof Center, go to organization meetings, head to an event at Kleiner, or watch a play or musical in the Performing Arts Center.
Clubs and Organizations on Campus
There are more than 300 student groups to get involved with at Grand Valley State University.
Student Activities Offered
- Campus ministries
- Choral groups
- Concert band
- International student organization
- Jazz band
- Literary magazine
- Marching band
- Music ensembles
- Musical theater
- Pep band
- Radio station
- Student government
- Symphony orchestra
- Television station
Air Force ROTC: No
Navy ROTC: No
Army ROTC: No
Did You Know?
You can be in more than one student organization at once.