Freshmen Allowed to Park?
Approximate Parking Permit Cost
- $10 per week or $2 per day for a temporary permit
- $150 per year
Common Parking Tickets
- Fire lane: $50
- Handicapped zone: $50
- In or blocking a construction area: $25
Best Places to Find a Spot
- Lot near Mary Anderson Pew Dormitory. It is right next to the road and easy to access.
- Lot just east of the Physical Learning Center, due to its proximity to the main academic buildings.
- Hoyt Corner (for motorcycles only)
- Gravel lots for resident students east of Madison Avenue-aka "Siberia" and "Purgatory"
Good Luck Getting a Spot Here
North Hall Lot along roadway
Getting a Parking Permit
Parking permits must be obtained from the campus safety office. They designate you as a commuter student, resident student, or visitor, and where you may park depends on this status. Visitors may park wherever they want for a maximum of three days. Commuters have a number of special slots allocated to the them in the parking lot adjoining the Physical Learning center. Resident students get whatever is left.
Parking ServicesGCC Campus Safety Department
100 Campus Dr.
Did You Know?
Individuals receiving 10 or more parking tickets will be assessed a $100 excess violation fee. Accumulating 13 or more parking tickets may result in forfeiting the privilege of parking a vehicle on campus.