Full-Time Student Population
Part-Time Student Population
Full-Time Instructional Faculty
Part-Time Instructional Faculty
Faculty with Terminal Degree
Average Faculty Salary
Full-Time Retention Rate
Part-Time Retention Rate
- Fewer than 20 students: 30%
- 20 to 49 students: 49%
- 50 or more students: 21%
Continuing Professional: Yes
Adult Basic Remedial: No
Secondary (High School): No
Special Credit Opportunities
Advanced Placement (AP) Credits: Yes
Dual Credit: Yes
Life Experience Credits: No
- Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Human Sciences
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
- Bachelor's degree
- Post-bachelor's certificate
- Master's degree
- Doctorate - Professional practice
- Doctorate - Research/scholarship
Most Popular Majors
- Accounting: 2%
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science: 2%
- Marketing/Marketing Management, General: 2%
- Mechanical Engineering: 2%
- English (including composition)
- Foreign languages
- Sciences (biological or physical)
- Social science
Special Study Options
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Teacher certification (below the postsecondary level)
- Weekend/evening college
Other Academic Offerings
- Accelerated program
- Cooperative education program
- Double major
- Dual enrollment
- Exchange student program (domestic)
- External degree program
- Honors program
- Independent study
- Liberal arts/career combination
- Student-designed major
Best Places to Study
- Coffeeshops off campus
- Frederiksen Court Community Center
- Hawthorn Market and Café
- Maple-Willow-Larch Commons
- Memorial Union
- Parks Library
Tips to Succeed
- Do your best in your classes, so you don't have to waste time and money retaking them.
- Go to class! It's important!
- If you get put into a learning community, use the people in it as resources. That's what they're there for.
- If you need help, get it. ISU offers a lot of help for students who need it.
- Join a learning community to help you study. Not only will it help you learn, it will help you find some really great friends.
Did You Know?
- Every state and more than 100 countries are represented in the student body.
- ISU math and physics professor Jan Vincent Atanasoff and graduate student Clifford Berry designed the first electronic digital computer.
- More Iowa high school graduates enroll at Iowa State each year than at any other Iowa college or university.