Student Parking Lot?
There are student parking lots spread throughout campus for students eligible for parking permits, including all seniors, graduate students, and commuting students living outside of the walking zone.
Freshmen Allowed to Park?
Neither are sophomores or juniors
Approximate Parking Permit Cost
- $425.70 per academic year (expires after commencement)
- $501 per year for a student permit
Common Parking Tickets
- Expired parking meter: $15
- More than 20 minutes in a loading/dock zone: $15
- Parking over lines or in two spaces: $15
- Incorrect permit for lot: $30
- Parked on walk or grass area: $30
- Blocking or obstructing traffic lanes, service areas, posted areas: $40
- Fire lane: $40
- No valid permit: $50
- Unauthorized permit: $50
- Valid permit not properly displayed: $50
- Reserved space violation: $100
- Altered permit: $250
- Handicapped space violation: $250
Best Places to Find a Spot
- SPAC (Sports and Aquatic Center) lot
- Side streets
Good Luck Getting a Spot Here
Virtually anywhere on campus. Parking is tight, and parking enforcement officials are not shy about ticketing cars.
Getting a Parking Permit
To get a permit, you have to fill out an application and submit it to NUPD. Again, only seniors, grad students, faculty and staff, and commuters are generally given them. For the application, an FAQ, and some general information, visit www.northwestern.edu/up/parking.