Full-Time Student Population
Part-Time Student Population
Full-Time Instructional Faculty
Part-Time Instructional Faculty
Faculty with Terminal Degree
Average Faculty Salary
Full-Time Retention Rate
Part-Time Retention Rate
- Fewer than 20 Students : 32%
- 20 to 49 Students : 50%
- 50 or More Students: 18%
Continuing Professional: Yes
Adult Basic Remedial: No
Secondary (High School): No
Special Credit Opportunities
Advanced Placement (AP) Credits: Yes
Dual Credit: Yes
Life Experience Credits: Yes
- College of Agricultural Sciences
- College of Arts and Architecture
- College of Communications
- College of Earth and Mineral Sciences
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Health and Human Development
- College of Information Sciences and Technology
- College of the Liberal Arts
- Eberly College of Science
- Schreyer Honors College
- Smeal College of Business
- Associate degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Doctorate - Professional practice
- Doctorate - Research/scholarship
- Master's degree
- Post-bachelor's certificate
Most Popular Majors
- Accounting: 1%
- Finance, General: 2%
- Information Science/Studies: 3%
- Psychology: 2%
Special Study Options
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Teacher certification (below the postsecondary level)
- Weekend/evening college
Best Places to Study
- The Hub
- The Library
- Quiet coffee shops
Tips to Succeed
- Always stay a step ahead when planning future housing.
- Expand your circle of friends.
- Penn State gives you 16 late-drop credits. Do not be afraid to use them.
- Read The Daily Collegian for Penn State news.
- Study from day one, not the day before the test.
Did You Know?
- Thirty percent of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Penn State offers 149 baccalaureate degrees.