Full-Time Student Population
Part-Time Student Population
Full-Time Instructional Faculty
Part-Time Instructional Faculty
Average Faculty Salary
Full-Time Retention Rate
- Fewer than 20 Students: 61%
- 20 to 49 Students: 33%
- 50 or More Students: 6%
Continuing Professional: Yes
Adult Basic Remedial: No
Secondary (High School): No
Special Credit Opportunities
Advanced Placement (AP) Credits: Yes
Dual Credit: Yes
Life Experience Credits: Yes
- Bachelor's degree
- Doctorate - Professional practice
- Doctorate - Research/scholarship
- Master's degree
- Post-bachelor's certificate
- Post-master's certificate
Most Popular Majors
- Library and Information Science: 6%
- Registered Nursing (RN): 7%
- Social Work: 4%
- Special Education and Teaching: 3%
Special Study Options
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Teacher certification (below the postsecondary level)
Best Places to Study
- Java City
- Quadside Café
Tips to Succeed
- Attend class-no matter how tired you are.
- Be open-minded.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions.
- Experiment with classes outside of your major.
- Get involved.
- Save your quarters.
- Study abroad (research the short-term courses).
Did You Know?
- The Dix Scholars program offers guidance for undergraduate adult women.
- Faculty have received research awards from foundations like the Ford Foundation, the Freeman Foundation, and the National Science Foundation.
- The Boston Business Journal has named Simmons one of Boston's best places to work.
- Simmons College is a member of the Colleges of the Fenway Consortium. Students may take courses at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Massachusetts College of Art, Wheelock College, Wentworth Institute of Technology, and Emmanuel College.
- Simmons School of Management allows you to start your MBA before you even graduate.