Freshmen Allowed to Park?
Approximate Parking Permit Cost
$250 per year
Common Parking Tickets
- Expired meter: $25
- Fire lane: $50
- Handicapped zone: $200
- No parking zone: $30
Best Places to Find a Spot
- The meters behind Fondren Library, but only if you do not have a permit.
- Along the residential streets off of Airline.
- Any place that freshman girls can park, if you can somehow manage to get that permit.
- The parking garages, after 3 p.m., when most classes end.
- Faculty/staff lots after 5 p.m. and on weekends, but only if they are not marked specifically "24-hours."
Good Luck Getting a Spot Here
Hughes-Trigg before 4 p.m. and the Airline Garage
Getting a Parking Permit
Every student and faculty member can obtain a parking permit easily. First, pre-pay for the permit online at access.smu.edu, and then proceed to the Park N’ Pony office on the second floor of Hughes-Trigg with a valid driver’s license and license plate number.
Parking ServicesPark 'n Pony
6116 Central Expressway