Average Meal Plan Cost
$5176 per year
Freshman Meal Plan Required?
Residents of specially designated University residence halls must participate in a meal plan.
Student Favorites: Campus Dining Hall
Student Favorites: Campus Restaurant/Vendor
- Ike's Place (Call in your order because the line is always an hour or more.)
- The Treehouse
Student Favorites: Breakfast Food on Campus
Student Favorites: Lunch/Dinner Entrée on Campus
- Chicken Caesar wrap
- Pad Thai
Student Favorites: Late-night Snack on Campus
"Tri-Plate" from Lakeside Dining includes chicken fingers, fries, and cheese sticks for $6.
Off-Campus Places to Use Flex Money
During lunch hours, a truck parks behind the student union. For $5 you can fill a container with as much pan-Asian food as possible. It’s enough food to split with someone.
Did You Know?
- Many places on campus are open late at night to fulfill your study-hunger needs. Most of these places are open until 2 a.m. and have multiple options, such as milkshakes, smoothies, fruit, chicken fingers-you name it, they have it. And if not, they will find a way to make it.
- Ask for the "Breakfast Sandwich" at The Axe & Palm Café at Old Union. It's not on the menu, but it's heavenly and really cheap.
- The lunch sugar cookies at Ricker Dining are phenomenal.
- There are no words for the weekend brunch cinnamon rolls at Lakeside Dining-delicious!
- Thursday panini days are the best!
- The best chicken and lamb gyros on campus are at Olives@Bldg.160.
- Stop by The Café at the Arrillaga Alumni Center and get a homemade ice cream shake. They have many gourmet ice cream flavors like caramel pistachio, cookies and cream, and mint chocolate chip.
- Stanford, like the entire state of California, is basically smoke-free. You cannot smoke inside any restaurant or even in bars.