Full-Time Student Population
Part-Time Student Population
Full-Time Instructional Faculty
Part-Time Instructional Faculty
Faculty with Terminal Degree
Average Faculty Salary
Full-Time Retention Rate
Part-Time Retention Rate
- Fewer than 20 Students: 23%
- 20 to 49 Students: 57%
- 50 or More Students: 20%
Continuing Professional: No
Adult Basic Remedial: No
Secondary (High School): No
Special Credit Opportunities
Advanced Placement (AP) Credits: Yes
Dual Credit: Yes
Life Experience Credits: No
- Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- Arts and Sciences
- Business Administration
- Honors College
- Human Sciences
- Mass Communications
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Bachelor's degree
- Doctorate - Professional practice
- Doctorate - Research/scholarship
- Master's degree
- Post-bachelor's certificate
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management: 4%
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science: 2%
- Marketing/Marketing Management, General: 2%
- Multi-/Interdisciplinary Studies, Other: 2%
Special Study Options
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Teacher certification (below the postsecondary level)
Best Places to Study
The upper levels of the University Library, study rooms on each floor of the dorms, Starbucks, J&B Coffee
Tips to Succeed
- Go to class.
- If you are going to go through sorority or fraternity rush at Tech, do it as a freshman, because it is much harder to get accepted as a sophomore.
- Live near campus so it is easier for you to go to class.
Did You Know?
- TECHniques is an academic support system that Tech offers to students in all majors who are suffering from attention deficit disorder and other documented learning disabilities. Students must pay for this service, but it is one of the leading academic support programs in Texas. Visit their Web site at www.depts.ttu.edu/techniques for more info.
- The University Writing Center (english.ttu.edu/uwc01) is a place where undergraduate and graduate students can schedule an appointment to meet with a tutor for one-on-one writing support. This is a free service that will prove to be especially helpful for students writing multiple papers in one of the two required introductory English courses.
- Tech does not have its own television station for broadcast students to use.
- Tech has a daily newspaper, The Daily Toreador, which is written solely by students.
- Texas Tech is the only campus in Texas with both a law school and a medical school.
- At 1,839 acres, Texas Tech is the second-largest contiguous campus in the United States.