On-Campus Housing Available?
Campus Housing Capacity
Average Housing Costs
Freshmen Required to Live on Campus?
Undergrads Living On Campus
Number of Campus-Owned Apartments
What You Get
- Cable TV
- Desk and chair
- Ethernet access
- Minerva Housing: some students are randomly assigned to live in one of seven houses plan events and are governed by a student council.
- Theme Housing, in which students with a common interest share a living space. Examples include community service, languages, and cultures.
Available for Rent
Did You Know?
- In 1824, the College's annual fee of $55.50 covered tuition, room, board, stove, and the use of books, firewood, and candles. Today, fires and candles are prohibited in dorm rooms.
- Until the 1950s, faculty members had permission to graze their livestock on campus fields and lawns. Today, we use lawn mowers.
- During the height of steam locomotive manufacturing in Schenectady, Union students often awoke to more than an inch of soot on their dormitory windowsill.
- The Union campus lost more than 500 gigantic elms to Dutch Elm Disease in the 1960s. Only very recently have large trees again become part of Union's campus landscape.