Crimes on Campus
- Aggravated Assault: 6
- Arson: 1
- Burglary: 140
- Murder/Manslaughter: 0
- Robbery: 8
- Sex Offenses: 15
- Vehicle Theft: 39
Security OfficeDepartment of Public Safety
Service Building (003)
911 (emergencies); (301) 405-3555 (non-emergencies)www.umpd.umd.edu
- 24-hour foot and vehicle patrols
- Blue-light emergency phones
- Campus text alerts
- Early warning system (sirens)
- Personal security presentations
- Rape Aggression Defense (RAD)
- Ride/walk along program
- Sexual assault awareness
- Video camera security system
Health CenterUniversity Health Center
Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- After-hours nurse line
- Complementary and alternative medicine
- Dental care
- Men's and women's reproductive health care
- Mental health care
- Occupational health
- Physical therapy
- Primary care
- Urgent care
Did You Know?
- The UM Department of Public Safety is the only university police department in the state to offer a fully-certified, entry-level police training academy.
- Students can sign up for text alerts when a campus-related emergency occurs-including early notification on snow days.
- Students can also check this link for any emergency information: http://www.umd.edu/emergencypreparedness/weather_emer/.