Full-Time Student Population
Part-Time Student Population
Full-Time Instructional Faculty
Part-Time Instructional Faculty
Faculty with Terminal Degree
Average Faculty Salary
Full-Time Retention Rate
Part-Time Retention Rate
- Fewer than 20 Students: 34%
- 20 to 49 Students: 58%
- 50 or More Students: 8%
Continuing Professional: Yes
Adult Basic Remedial: No
Secondary (High School): No
Special Credit Opportunities
Advanced Placement (AP) Credits: Yes
Dual Credit: Yes
Life Experience Credits: No
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business Administration
- College of Continuing Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Environment and Life Sciences
- College of Human Science and Services
- College of Nursing
- College of Oceanography
- College of Pharmacy
- Bachelor's degree
- Doctorate - Professional practice
- Doctorate - Research/scholarship
- Master's degree
- Post-bachelor's certificate
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management: 3%
- Psychology: 2%
- Registered Nursing (RN): 3%
- Speech Communication and Rhetoric: 3%
Special Study Options
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Teacher certification (below the postsecondary level)
Best Places to Study
Tips to Succeed
- Don't get in the habit of taking naps.
- Get to know your teachers.
- Go to class.
- Join a club, organization, or sport.
- Keep up with the work.
- Know all the classes that you need to take for your major.
- Learn to manage your time.
- Make as many friends as possible
- Visit with your advisor frequently.
- Watch where you park
Did You Know?
- Are you undecided? URI offers around 200 undergraduate and graduate degree programs so students are not limited in their studies.
- URI has campuses at four different locations, including the Kingston Campus, Narragansett Bay Campus, Feinstein Providence Campus, and W. Alton Jones Campus. All students are eligible to take courses at these campuses, as well as having the option of taking some classes online.