Full-Time Student Population
Part-Time Student Population
Full-Time Instructional Faculty
Part-Time Instructional Faculty
Faculty with Terminal Degree
Average Faculty Salary
Full-Time Retention Rate
Part-Time Retention Rate
- Fewer than 20 Students: 46%
- 20 to 49 Students: 45%
- 50 or More Students: 9%
Continuing Professional: Yes
Adult Basic Remedial: No
Secondary (High School): No
Special Credit Opportunities
Advanced Placement (AP) Credits: Yes
Dual Credit: Yes
Life Experience Credits: No
- Arnold School of Public Health
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Education
- College of Engineering and Computing
- College of Hospitality, Retail, & Sport Management
- College of Mass Communications & Information Studies
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Social Work
- Moore School of Business
- School of Music
- Bachelor's degree
- Doctorate - Professional practice
- Doctorate - Research/scholarship
- Master's degree
- Post-bachelor's certificate
- Post-master's certificate
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management: 3%
- Experimental Psychology: 2%
- Marketing/Marketing Management, General: 2%
- Social Work: 2%
Special Study Options
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Teacher certification (below the postsecondary level)
- Weekend/evening college
Best Places to Study
- Dorm study rooms
- Thomas Cooper Library
Tips to Succeed
- A lot of your exams will fall on the same week, especially at the beginning of the semester, so do not procrastinate with readings and homework.
- Be prepared before going for advisement because the advisors don't always know what they're talking about.
- Be proactive when applying for internships and scholarships.
- Get to know your professors.
- Go to class and actually pay attention.
- Plan ahead by researching and applying for scholarships and internships as soon as possible-talk to counselors in the Career Center.
- Research professors before registering for class.
- You are the main key to your success; assert yourself and don't be a faceless student in the University community.
Did You Know?
- The University of South Carolina encompasses multiple nationally recognized programs among various academic surveys-#1 International Business for undergrads, #2 International Business for graduate students, #5 Marine Science, and #9 Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management. The College of Engineering and Information Technology is a national leader in fuel cell research.
- Houston Texans owner Robert McNair, Pulitzer Prizewinner Jim Hoagland, and Grammy Award-winning musicians Hootie and the Blowfish are among some of the University of South Carolina's most notable alumni.
- What is an hour? At the University of South Carolina, an hour usually refers to a credit, and doesn't necessarily mean an hour of time. The amount of credit received for a class is measured in hours, and most classes are worth one or three credit hours.