Average Meal Plan Cost
$5500 per year
Freshman Meal Plan Required?
Full Meal Plan: 21 meals/week, as much as you want at the residential dining halls and commons; $2,500 per semester
Student Favorites: Campus Dining Hall
- Berkley Dining Hall
- Calhoun Dining Hall
- Davenport Dining Hall
- Silliman Dining Hall
Student Favorites: Campus Restaurant/Vendor
Student Favorites: Breakfast Food on Campus
- Chocolate chip pancakes
- French toast
- Smoothie bar
- Steel-cut oats
- Vegan banana fritters
Student Favorites: Lunch/Dinner Entrée on Campus
- Alice's Savory Herb Meatballs
- BBQ pork
- Berkeley macaroni and cheese
- General Tso's chicken
- Grilled chicken
- Vegetable and Barley Soup
Student Favorites: Late-night Snack on Campus
- Buttery food! (each college has its own buttery open late each night)
- Durfee's snacks (popcorn, juice, cheese, fruit, cereal)
Off-Campus Places to Use Flex Money
Available meal plans: Anytime meal plan (unlimited swipes), Full meal plan (21 meals/week), Any 14 meal plan (14 meals/week + $150 dining points), Kosher meal plan (through the Slifka Center)
Did You Know?
- The Yale Sustainable Food Project brings local, seasonal, and sustainable fare to Yale's dining tables. The project focuses on the complex relationship between people, the land, and their food. It partners with dining halls to use fruits and vegetables when they are in season and encourages the use of sustainable and organic resources, like organic milk and grass-fed burgers. Students can become involved by volunteering at the Yale Farm or taking classes sponsored by the project. Check out www.yale.edu/sustainablefood/index.html for more information.
- Many students' favorite meal is brunch, served Saturday and Sunday in the residential colleges. Brunch features amazing pancakes, egss, french toast, hash browns, grits, and fruit.